Sunday, September 25, 2005

fear

Someone told me once that it is not wrong to be afraid, for it is this fear that will spur one forth to avoid failure. But there is always two sides to the story; what of those who are paralysed by fear?

“Fear is the mind killer” – Frank Herbert

Is there anyone that is truly fearless? Or just people who are less affected by it compared to others?

There was a time when I was so afraid to move out of the little comfort zone that I had built around myself. I used to make excuses for my inability to extend myself and move out of my comfort zone. “…if only this…if only that…”

The fear of the unknown, the fear of moving out of our comfort zone is the fear that keeps us from achieving our dreams…and it is these dreams that will slowly but inevitably fade away with time. And one day we will wake up and realize all that has been relinquished for comfort…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home