Thursday, September 22, 2005

everything happens for a reason

I use this phrase quite a lot, maybe my friends begrudge me for that. But I do believe in it…it makes life easier to live. If something positive comes out of a situation (in the short term or long term), one can look back and reflect that it happened for a reason. On the contrary, if something negative results from a situation…hey, sh*t happens!

I was worried about missing Melbourne after eleven years there. Coming home to Malaysia, I used to get annoyed with anything I could lay my hands on; the weather, the traffic, the people etc. Work dictated that I had to be in Jakarta for a period of time. Jakarta is more polluted and the traffic is worse compared to KL. The poor is so poor it breaks my heart just seeing them…
It then dawned on me that I was so busy seeing what Malaysia was lacking that I overlooked the things that makes Malaysia a great place…it took work commitments to Jakarta for me to realize that…see, everything happens for a reason...i told you SO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home