Wednesday, July 20, 2005

have you ever?

this is something that i came across on the weekend. it made me realise how often quick fixes are put forward in our society today. how seemingly kindly advise,antidepressants and how the 'should be' is bandied with little consideration or understanding of one's circumstance...

it made me ponder and it made me think about the way i see things, the way i do things...this is what i share today...

could you just listen - anonymous

when i ask you to listen to me and
you start giving me advice,
you have not done what i asked

when i ask you to listen to me and
you begin to tell me why
i shouldn't feel that way,
you are trampling on my feelings

when i ask you to listen to me
and you feel you have to do something
to solve my problem,
you have failed me,
strange as that may seem

listen! all i asked was that you listen,
not to talk or do...
just hear me
advice is cheap - radio, tv magazines
and newspapers are full of it

i can do for myself,
i am not helpless,
maybe discouraged and faltering,
but not helpless

when you do something for me
that i can and need to do for myself,
you contribute to my fear and inadequacy

so please listen and just hear me
and if you want to talk,
wait a minute for your turn
- i'll listen to you

1 Comments:

Blogger jy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home